Hope Comfort Care
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative care is an area of healthcare that focuses on the relief of pain or suffering. This specialty exists solely to provide comfort. Palliative care can be provided to everyone at any stage of an illness - and it is the heart of everything we do at Hope.
How We Provide Comfort
When you think about feeling comfortable, perhaps you think about relief from bodily pain or ease of symptoms like difficulty breathing - issues resolved with medications and treatments. Hope can help by addressing other vital areas of comfort, such as:
- Environment: Is your home clean and safe? Are important household tasks completed?
- Appearance and Hygiene: Do you feel clean? Are your clothes and linens fresh?
- Peace of Mind: Do you understand your doctor’s care plan? Do you have questions about your condition?
- Mood and Spirituality: Are you struggling to find moments of happiness? Are you seeking a spiritual connection for support?
Comfort Care Services
Upon review of our suggestions, you may find that your comfort needs can be met with help from family, friends or community services. In this case, Hope can compliment your plan. At no cost to you, we are happy to:
- Be a resource for questions about your care
- “Check-in” and on you and your loved ones
- Offer spiritual support for every faith
- Connect you with new resources or services if your needs change
For many living with serious illness, utilizing help other than family or friends is preferred - particularly for personal matters. Hope can provide these services for a relatively low fee:
- Personal Care: Assistance with bathing, dental care and other hygienic needs
- Home Care: Light housekeeping, meal preparation, changing linens
Our compassionate team is comprised of qualified, licensed and screened professionals and may include a social services counselor, home health aide or certified nursing assistant.
Call 800-835-1673 to learn about Hope Comfort Care and schedule a free consultation.
Hope Comfort Care is provided in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry and Lee counties.