Hope Hospice has been serving Lee, Hendry, and Glades counties for over 40 years. As your local not-for-profit hospice, we’re here for you and your family 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What is Hospice?
Hospice is a special type of care that provides physical and emotional comfort to individuals with serious illnesses. We provide compassionate medical care when a cure is no longer possible. With specialized knowledge in pain and symptom management, a hospice team of professionals will support you and your entire family.
About Hope Hospice
Hope Hospice has been licensed by the state of Florida since 1984. Our comprehensive services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and many insurances, and generous community support allows us to help everyone with serious illness, regardless of ability to pay.
When is it Time for Hospice?
Every person is different, but these signs often indicate that it’s time for hospice care:
- Frequent hospital visits or trips to the ER
- Weakness, frailty, or extreme fatigue
- Lack of appetite and weight loss
- Loss of pleasure or interest in activities
Your doctor may suggest hospice if he thinks that you probably have six months or less to live. However, anyone can make a referral for hospice care. Even if you aren’t sure if you’re ready for hospice care, we may be able to connect you to other helpful programs.
Hospice Care Quick Facts
Hospice provides medical, emotional, and spiritual care – focusing on comfort and quality of life.
- We serve anyone facing the end of life, regardless of age or illness.
- Most people remain at home while getting help with pain and symptom management.
- People with a serious illness may receive hospice care for six months or longer.
- You may keep his or her own doctor involved while receiving hospice care.
- No one is denied care due to lack of insurance at Hope Hospice.
A Note From Our President and CEO
“People whose lives have been touched by our care know that hospice is the ultimate expression of love. With our support, families and loved ones can find peace and comfort through every step of the journey.”
– Samira K. Beckwith, Hope President and CEO